Employment Opportunities at Central Bearden
Minister to Students and Families
Are you the One? Central Bearden has an opportunity for a creative FULL TIME Minister to Students and Families in Knoxville, TN. You’d get Salary, Full Benefits and Team Support!
Below is a copy of the Job Description and Student Minister Questionnaire. Please download and complete the questionnaire and email it along with your resume to email@example.com by October 31. Please feel free to include any additional attachments or links related to your application such as Ministry programming and curriculum, references, audio or video clips.
Downloads: Job Description /// Student Minister Questionnaire
The Minister with Students and Families is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive ministry of faith formation for youth, grades six through twelve. The Minister with Students and Families is supervised by and directly responsible to the Senior Pastor.
- Encourage and strengthen the spiritual growth and maturity of students through nurturing friendships, personal counseling, planned Bible studies, discipleship opportunities, involvement in spiritual disciplines, mission’s experiences and worship.
- Reach non-Christian youth in our community by equipping and mobilizing our students and student leadership to share their faith experience through their words and actions.
- Work with other ministers on staff in areas where students could be involved.
- Plan, coordinate and administer the following ministries for students:
- Sunday School
- Discipleship opportunities for both small and large groups
- Missions and ministry teams, education, and involvement
- Student Ministries Council and the overall student ministry calendar
- Worship and Bible Study opportunities for students
- Special student activities (concerts, camps, retreats, seminars, graduation activities, mission trips, and fellowships, etc…)
- Enlist, equip, and motivate adult and college leaders for student ministries in compliance with the child protection policies of the church and the vision and mission of the Student Ministry.
- Participate in staff and committee meetings as required.
- Assist in pastoral care with special consideration to families with students.
- Assist in worship leadership and other ministries as needed.
- Interested in and able to share preaching opportunities with larger congregation.
- Work with the Pastor, staff and congregation in support of the Core Values Statement adopted by the church.
- A strong walk with God through a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Seminary degree preferred
- Minimum of three years full-time experience working with students and families in a church setting
- Experience managing a budget and support staff
- Ability to recruit and maintain high capacity volunteers
- Team Player
- A passion for reaching students
- Understands youth culture today and developmental needs of students
- Connects with students, serving as a catalyst for their discipleship
- Effective relational skills (works well with others)
- Proficient with communication technology and social media